Go back –> Atheros Linux wireless drivers
ath10k is the mac80211 wireless driver for Qualcom Atheros QCA988x family of chips, which support IEEE 802.11ac.
A major difference from ath9k is that there's now a firmware and that's why we had to implement a new driver.
The ath10k driver is located under drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k directory. To easily browse the sources you can access that through github source listing.
- Linux 3.11 released, the first kernel release with ath10k
- ath10k merged into Linux 3.11-rc1
ath10k has it's own mailing list for discussions and patches:
Archive for the mailing list:
For real time discussions there is #ath10k channel on Freenode.
firmware does not support association to the same AP from different virtual STA interfaces (driver prints "ath10k: Failed to add peer XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX for VDEV: X" in that case)
- packet injection isn't supported yet
- applying ath9k regulatory domain hack patch from OpenWRT causes firmware crash (reason: regulatory hint function is never called and ath10k never sends scan channel list to the firmware which in turn causes firmware to crash on scan)
- tx rate is reported as 6mbps due to firmware limitation (no tx rate information in tx completions); instead see /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phyX/ath10k/fw_stats
Please send bug reports to the mailing list email@example.com
ath10k supports Qualcomm Atheros 802.11ac QCA98xx hw2.0 based devices, here's a list of known products:
QCA9890 found in A family of radio modules from Doodle Labs
QCA9880 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WPJ344 - supports 802.11ac radio
QCA9880 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WLE900V5-18
QCA9880 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WLE900V5-23
QCA9880 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WLE900VX
QCA9880 Version 2 found in Unex: DAXA-O1
QCA9882 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WLE600V5-18
QCA9882 Version 2 found in Compex acWave: WLE600V5-23
QCA9880 Version 2 found in TP-Link : Archer C7 v2.x
QCA9880 Version 2 found in TP-Link : WDR7500 v3.0
ath10k does NOT support older QCA98xx hw1.0 chips found, for example, from these devices:
QCA9880 Version 1 found in TP-Link WDR-7500 v2 and Archer C7 v1.x
Atheros common module
ath10k uses the common shared ath.ko module.
Statistics on contributions
Visit the ath10k contribution graphs. You can help keep this up to date if you like. If interested contact the ath10k driver maintainers.